We extend a warm welcome to all. You are invited to participate in all activities of St. Andrew’s, to join in the celebration of communion and to become a part of the total life of the church. Please contact our church office for more information about our programs and ministries.
Worship Service You are invited to join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10am for a worship service with combined contemporary and traditional worship elements. Childcare for toddlers is available during the service, and Godly Play is offered for Pre-K through 5th grade, except for the first Sunday of the month, when all of God’s children are invited to worship for Holy Communion.
Choir & Music Programs All of our music programs are open to newcomers to participate. We are blessed with voice and bell choirs for children, youth and adults.
- Our Chancel Choir and Praise Band, an ensemble of singers and musicians, lead the congregation in singing praise songs, hymns, anthems and other special music at our 10am worship service.
- Our children, youth and adult bell choirs present music in both services frequently throughout the year.
Children & Youth Programs In addition to our Sunday morning programs, we provide weekly and seasonal programs for our children and youth.
- Youth Group meets on Sundays with special activities and discussions for middle and high school students.
- Other special events and programs for our children and youth are provided throughout the year, including Children’s Easter Celebration, Children’s Ministry Sunday, Youth Sunday, Vacation Bible School, Trunk-or-Treat, Children’s Advent Pageant and more!
- Pastoral Care: In times of crisis, loneliness, grief, difficulty with relationships, unemployment, stress of a new baby, etc., all you need to do is call Pastor Ernie Hess at (925) 685-4720. He will be delighted to provide prayer and support.
- Deacons provide care and support throughout the church.
Opportunities for Fellowship
- Prayer Group: If you would like an opportunity to pray in a group setting, please join our small group of kindred, caring spirits on Wednesday mornings. We bring our own joys and concerns to the group, and also pray for our church family.
- Fourth Friday Flick Flack is a monthly potluck dinner with a lively discussion of a video or current movie.
Opportunities for Study
- Covenant Small Groups of six to ten people gather for six to eight meetings to pray, study Scripture, share thoughts, support each other and together decide on a small mission project to help others.
- Naomi Circle is a Presbyterian Womens group that meets for bible study and fellowship once a month.
- Disciple Bible Study is a wonderful, in-depth look at the bible. A study is offered annually and runs approximately 30+ weeks.
- Inquirer’s Classes are held several times during the year for those interested in learning more about St. Andrew’s or becoming church members. If you are interested, please contact the church office or email email@example.com to find out when the next series of classes will be offered.
Opportunities for Service
- Our Wednesday Crew provides much necessary maintenance of the church buildings and grounds. They meet Wednesday mornings from 9am to noon, with the all-important doughnut and coffee break at 10:30am.
- Week-long mission work trips during the summer are a part of our “Vacation with a Purpose” program.
- Habitat for Humanity is supported by St. Andrew’s through our hands-on work building homes and financial giving.
- Meals on Wheels provides meal home delivery to seniors and others.
Other projects supported by our church:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Shelter Inc.
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence
- Contra Costa Food Bank
- Hillcrest Food Pantry
- And many more!
Please contact us with any questions!