- This event has passed.
PRO-FUTURE FAITH 7. Impermanence and Death as Sacred – Embracing Limits
November 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Wednesday evening adult class taught by Pastor Ernie will resume on October 9 (since Ernie’s grandson is due on October 29, we may need to skip a Wednesday or two) The class meets at 7 p.m. in the Oak Room.
On October 9 we will begin an exciting new video series from Living the Questions titled PROFUTURE FAITH: the Prodigal Species Comes Home, featuring eco-theologian, author, and TEDx speaker Rev. Michael Dowd.
ProFuture Faith is a dynamic eight-session DVD and internet based course that bridges the gap between head and heart, science and faith. We will view and discuss a 20 minute video each class session.
Schedule of topics:
- Un-Trivializing God – Reality as a Thou
- The Purpose of Religion and Necessity of Science
- The Epic of Evolution – A Cosmic Timeline
- Thus Sayeth Reality – What is Inevitable: What is Needed.
- Thus Sayeth Reality – What is Futile: What is Urgent.
- Why We Struggle – Un-trivializing Mythic Wisdom
- Impermanence and Death as Sacred – Embracing Limits
- Staying Sane, Sober and Inspired in Contracting Times.